Saturday, August 22, 2009

4 years already

August 22nd 2009!!!!!!
November 2007

Mommy and Braden in the NICU


Chris and Braden in the NICU



Braden in the NICU




It's been 4 years since I gave birth to my wonderful miracle baby boy. It was 4 years ago that I was laying in a hospital bed with my blood pressure reading 195/125, swelling like a giant balloon and hearing the Dr.'s say that we must deliver because the unborn baby and I could die. It was not what I expected to happen as a first time mom but it was the reality. I gave birth to my wonderful son- Braden Gregory Coolman on August 22nd 2005 at 9:20pm by emergency c-section. Braden weighed in at 3lbs 11.5 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long. It was then that our lives changed, it was then that we were affected by the horrible pregnancy disease called Preeclampsia and we all were never the same since then.

Today I am looking at my preschooler and think how I am glad he is here today with us because I know many women and families who don't get that chance because of preeclampsia. I am thankful and so Blessed for my 3lb wonder because I know women who can't conceive a baby on their own. Saying that Braden is a miracle is an understatement. The day Chris and I met we knew we would be together forever and knew that we wanted children right away, we wanted it but it wasn't going to happen for us as easily as we hoped. Braden was our Clomid baby and we thank God everyday for the medical intervention of that! It's at every birthday that we are not just celebrating his birth day but we are celebrating that he is here and he survived all that he went through at birth.
So my baby boy you are indeed my miracle and will forever be my baby and you are an inspiration to me with your strong willingness to never give up and always giving your best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment